Tuesday 17 November 2009

Creative Meaning




Here are some images from my latest project titled 'Creative Meaning'. We were asked to chose a site, in my case it was my make up bag, and document several aspects in a creative way. In the end I decided to design a booklet that showed how to use the contents of the make up bag which I called 'The Guerrilla Girls' Survival Kit'. One of the aspects of my site was based around how I use make up to target my insecurities, which I interpreted as a war on my facial flaws. With an army theme throughout the booklet I communicated several features of my make up bag including the make up ingredients, colour palette, frequency of use, where to use it and also what items to use in order to hide and enhance certain facial features.
I found the research side of this project to be the most enjoyable as it was a chance for me to get away from the usual Internet, books and magazines, and instead produce some primary research on an object that is personal to me. It was essentially down to me to get the most research I could out of my chosen site by looking at in ways I hadn't previously thought of. For example, I had never looked at my make up ingredients and was interested in what I had found (like the hydrogenated vegetable oil in my eye liner and salycilic acid in my lip balm).
Overall, it was a good opportunity to produce some interesting first hand research while looking at an object in a completely new light.

No comments:

Post a Comment